You scored over 30 points - You need some help
Over 30 points - It’s time to start investing in YOU! It is probably fair to say that up until this point, taking the time to understand your personal care to improve your health hasn’t been consistent. But that’s okay, because everyone needs to start somewhere this as YOUR turning point, the first step to real change.
Change occurs when you start to develop an understanding of what your body, and environment, need from you in order to be at their best. A Google search on natural or organic hair and skin care products and a visit to your local nutrition store might be a great way to get the ball rolling.
Take these few small steps, and start the challenge of a healthier lifestyle regime:
Set more time aside to allow your mind and body to relax
Breathing Exercises are one of the simplest relaxation strategies, and can effectively calm your stress. Pause 3 to 4 times during your busy day, close your eyes and breathe in and out slowly – feel the difference.
Make a list. Experts say that when we’re stressed, we tend to focus on the negative parts of life. Instead of negative thoughts, reflect on the three small positive achievements each day can positive and write them down or record them on your cell phone. You’ll see how this will help you to relax, feel happier and be more accomplished.
Connect to nature. Spending just a few minutes in nature when you feel stressed can help you relax. Take a step outside for a breath of fresh air, go for a short walk, or simply unwind in a park and observe the beauty. Scientists have found that simply observing nature or greenery for five minutes on a computer screen can help to calm your nerves, so if you find yourself unable to get outside, Google nature and enjoy the ride!
Keep Active and eat well
I’m sure you’ve heard many times that a healthy, balanced diet accompanied by exercise three to five times a week is the crucial formula for improving health and maintaining physical and mental well-being. Fill your plate with fruits, vegetables, quality protein, and other whole foods, you’ll have meals that are colorful, versatile, and good for you. Choose an exercise program that works for you, but always check with your family physician before starting. If you're not an athlete or serious exerciser, and you just want to improve your health or make those clothes fit better, consider these three forms of exercise:
- Swimming can be the perfect answer. The buoyancy of the water supports your body and takes the strain off painful joints so you can move them more fluidly.
- Walking is simple, yet powerful. It can help you stay trim, improve cholesterol levels, strengthen bones, keep blood pressure in check, lift your mood, and lower your risk for a number of illnesses.
- Strength training: Lifting light weights won't bulk up your muscles, but it will keep them strong. Before starting a weight training program, speak to your physician and / or a professional trainer and be sure to learn the proper form for any exercises that you will perform.
Using cleaner, less toxic personal care products
Do a bit of research - there are so many personal care products on the market that use claims of natural, organic or certified organic, but if you discover any of these top 11 toxic ingredients on your hair or skin care product label, put the products back on the shelf and keep searching. These ingredients have serious effects on the body and the simple step of removing them from your everyday regime will improve your health.
- Coal Tar Derived Colours
- BHA & BHT
- Formaldehyde-Releasing Agents
- N-Ethylpentedrone (NEP) & N-Methyl- 2-pyrrolidone (NMP)
- Per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances (PFAS)